Both Maya and Scott
are pretty musical kids.
Maya has played the piano
for four years this month,
and Scott began lessons
about a year and a half to two years ago.
Last night, Scott hopped on the piano bench
and began practicing one of his pieces.
(I am proud to report that he did this
without any urging from either one of his parents.)
He hollered at Maya to come and listen.
She told him how well she thought he'd played,
then she showed him a better hand position.
You can tell by the looks on their faces
that they have a very difficult time
working well together.
After a couple of minutes,
Maya sat down on the bench with Scott.
She's the huggy, cuddly type...
especially with her brother.
Again, let me emphasize the fact
that these two do not like each other.
Not one little bit.
Soon, they were playing the song together,
Maya the left hand and Scotty the right.
Perhaps the reason these two are so close
is because they are with each other every single day,
working together on class assignments,
swimming on the same swim team
and taking part in the each other's
extra curricular activities.
(Scott has even learned to spell
some of Maya's spelling words
just by hearing us practice them
and corrects her when she gets them wrong.)
Maya is fiercely protective of her little brother.
The only one that can give him a hard time,
sit on him, push him around or tease him
is her. :)
They are really good friends.
They treat one another with respect
and they appreciate each other.
I don't know if it has to do with home schooling or not,
or if we are just lucky to have two absolutely wonderful,
loving, sweet children.
I do know that I'm incredibly grateful
that they are the way they are with one another.
I'm looking forward to many more duets
in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment