Happy St. Patrick's Day, all!
Wanted to post a photo I took yesterday of our Writing Workshop I.
These kids have been so much fun and I'm so happy I've had the opportunity
to hang out and write with them.
This is week three. So far we've learned about descriptive and how-to writing,
and yesterday we talked about Aesop's Fables.
We read several of them together and then the kids wrote a fable of their own.
Maya's had fun getting to know some kids her own age
and looks forward to Tuesdays and Thursdays as do I.
This has been a really fun thing for us and I'm really happy I decided to teach these classes!
I signed Maya up for a photography group through CHS yesterday.
It's for kids 10 - 14 years old. The details aren't ironed out yet,
but it sounds like there will be a monthly meeting
and some sharing of photography and ideas via email and in person.
I'm not sure when that will begin, but she's all ready to go.
We have a little less than two weeks now before my self set deadline for the poetry contest,
so that's something we'll be working on this coming week.
Maya has been working hard on her Japanese Rosetta Stone program
through the computer,
but is also starting a writing workbook as well.
(It's intricate and hard...she has to be very precise so it takes a lot of patience to learn.)
Scott wants to jump into Spanish,
but I've decided to wait until this fall to begin.
We'll do that through Rosetta Stone as well,
but, unlike Japanese, I'm going to be learning the language along side him.
This is the last week of our third quarter so we've been doing a ton of review.
Testing happens for us in late April,
so we're gearing up for that.
I've decided to use the P.A.S.S. test for both of them this year.
For more info on that, please visit the following link:
I can use this in North Carolina, and if we find ourselves in Georgia
when we test again in another year,
I can go through the same testing process there, as well.
Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment