August 2nd marked the first official day
of our 2010/2011 school year.
YAY!!!!!
Maya is in 6th grade this year,
which makes her an official middle schooler.
If you spend any time around Maya,
you know that, even though she is just eleven,
she hit middle school years ago. :)
Scott is a big third grader,
although he is tackling a 5th/6th grade
geography curriculum with his sister this year.
Here they are working on their first assignment together.
Every other subject is separate for each of them,
but last year Scott's geography lessons
proved much too simple for him.
He finished his own assignments
and then wound up doing what Maya was doing as well.
They work really well together.
Maya is a patient teacher,
Scott an eager and willing student.
Maya will pick up her blog where she left it
back at the beginning of July,
writing at least once a week.
Her Japanese lessons have also begun again in full force.
Scott and I have started our journey into the Spanish language,
and we'll continue the task of conquering cursive.
Daily piano practice also begins this week.
I have missed the music in our home...
so glad to have it back. :)
I have a very full curriculum put together,
and will continue to add things as the year goes on.
The kids seem excited about the new year,
as am I.
Happy Schooling!




No comments:
Post a Comment