Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Summer Youth Bowling League wrap up

On the first Saturday in June, the kids went to their first league practice for the Summer Youth Bowling League. They'd had some previous experience earlier this year with bowling. One of Maya's friends, whom she competed with in the Scripp's National Spelling Bee, invited Maya to join the Spring Homeschooler's Bowling League back in February. Both Maya and Scott signed up and they had a great time. It was a no brainer when they were asked to join this league a few months later.


We met a lot of great kids in that first league. One of them, Roman, was on Scott's team. He's a lot older than Scott, but the two of them hit it off. When Roman showed up on the first day of the summer league, he asked to be on Scott's team. Wish granted. :) Scotty also got Maya as a team mate and the three of them played really well together.


These are their league jerseys. I think they're pretty cool but Maya does not agree. I got her to wear it this one Saturday so I could take pictures. Look now, folks. You won't see her in it again This is so not Maya's style.


They've become pretty good bowlers. Scott's score for his first game in the spring league was an 11. No kidding. Now he averages a 90, but his highest game was a 110. Maya started out in the low 50's and now consistently bowls at about 100. Her highest score was a 139. Not bad. Not bad at all. And they're constantly getting better.


They've earned some awards during this summer league. Maya received three; one for a score of 135, one for a score of 112 and one for a league day combination score of 317.



Scotty earned himself an award for a score of 102. 


As a side note, he's like me and kind of likes the bowling jerseys.


I think it's rather stunning paired up with his plaid shorts, too.


Here's Roman. He's got an identical twin named R.T. whom we really like hanging out with, too. Roman is one awesome dude.


Here are Maya and Roman talking to Steven after league is over. I love the look on Maya's face.


Here's the whole team! They never named themselves...and I think they deserve a name, even though the league is now officially over. Coach Kim thinks "The Misfits" is a good name. I haven't come up with anything better yet, but when I do, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment